Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A place called Manzanar

Going to Manzanar was the highlight of the month of February.
It wasn't so much of the historical site but rather the five hour bus ride going there and back :)
Who knew that five hours can help you create such a bong with teachers, and new friends.

The junior class totally raided Carls Junior and Mc Donalds ;
But I bet the workers were sure happy since they made a lot of income from us .

I honeslty say that I expected more from visiting the site or Manzanar.
I really learned a lot about the unfair treatment the Japanese faced and the loss of freedom they encountered even as a U.S citizen
However, I just really wished that I would've been able to witness at least some of the remains of the camp instead of imagining it.

Overall, it sure was an exciting trip, seeing most of my friends get rolled over by tumble weeds..
And making stories with the teachers on the bus :)

Bus two rocks by the way ! hahahs :)

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

a bong? you mean a beer bong? hahaha